PBT COACH AND PRACTITIONER
Have you transformed your own life and you’re now ready to help others do the same?
It’s like a light bulb went off.
You’ve come so far, you’re ready to lead the way AND
you want a way to maintain the progress you’ve made.
- Working with people who are currently going through what you’ve gone through and healed from
- Making a real impact in someone else’s life and turning their pain into purpose again
- Getting paid for your knowledge and expertise
- Positioning yourself within a community of people who need, value and appreciate your unique expertise
- Being an important part of a movement to help people heal from the pain of betrayal...once and for all
This process can take years of trial and error and wishing and hoping…but it doesn’t have to.
You can get certified and started right now.
- Become a Certified PBT (Post Betrayal Transformation) Coach or Practitioner on your time, at your own pace, in the comfort of your own home, and in a small group for more individualized support
- Master the Betrayal to Breakthrough proven research based method and begin working with clients within our community and on your own
Certified PBT Practitioner
BECOME A Certified PBT
Coach or Practitioner!
Here’s why this proven PBT Coach Certification program works for new and existing coaches:
If you’re new to coaching, you’ll gather all the tools and experience to skillfully and effectively work with clients
If you’ve been coaching for years and want to create deeper, more meaningful transformations in less time which also results in more referrals, this is for you
If you want to specialize in a niche that compliments your existing expertise or feels like the perfect fit based on your own personal experiences, this is for you
This certification will allow you to collapse the time to your success.
Here’s why this proven PBT Practitioner Certification program works for doctors and therapists:
Your expertise can perfectly compliment those struggling with the trauma of betrayal while serving as the go-to resource for especially challenging client cases
If you’re looking for a new niche to specialize in, this is for you
If you’re ready to use your experience while growing your practice through our referral/resource network and through opportunities to work with our members directly, this is for you.
MS, MBA, Certified PBT Practitioner
If you find joy in helping others transform,
become certified and start your legacy/transformation.
Benefits of becoming a Certified PBT Coach or Practitioner are:
- More income
- More happy clients
- More referrals
- More opportunities to be placed in front of your ideal audience
- More raving testimonials
- More memorable transformations
- More opportunities to serve clients who need what you have to offer
- Becoming a key member of a community and mission which desperately needs the right type of qualified support
Trauma Recovery Coach, Certified PBT Coach
You’ve been through the darkest points, now it’s time to share your growth with others.
You understand how painful betrayal can be and you want to help those who need what you can uniquely teach.
You were made to do this powerful work.
Founder of The PBT Institute
Hi there, I’m Dr. Debi, and I believe that betrayal is one of the most painful of the human experiences. How do I know? I’ve been there.
It was my own betrayals-first from my family and then from my husband, that shattered my heart, trust and life as I’d known it. I felt so hurt, so sad, so angry, so confused. It didn’t make any sense. These were the people I loved and trusted...how could they hurt me like that? If I couldn’t count on, or feel safe with the people I trusted the most...who could I trust? How would I navigate through this new space I found myself in while running my business, being there for my 4 kids, clients...and 6 dogs too? How could I make sense out of this and how would I ever be able to heal my heart, my mind, my health, and my heart?
Certified PBT Coach, Reclaim Functional Health
Those questions drove me right to a PhD program in Transpersonal Psychology (the psychology of transformation and human potential). While I was there, I did a study. I studied how we experience betrayal-what holds us back, what helps us heal, and what happens to us (physically, mentally and emotionally) when the people closest to us lie, cheat and deceive?
That study led to 3 groundbreaking discoveries:
- Healing from betrayal is very different than healing from other life crises like the death of a loved one, disease or natural disaster. With any crisis we grieve, we mourn and we’re sad, but because betrayal feels so intentional, we take it so personally. We need to heal from feelings of rejection, abandonment, belonging, confidence, worthiness, trust in addition to grieving what we’ve lost. So that type of healing needed its own name which is now called Post Betrayal Transformation (PBT).
- While we can stay stuck for years, decades, a lifetime (and so many of us do just that), if we’re going to heal, we’re going to go through 5 stages. What’s even more exciting is, we also discovered what happens (physically, mentally and emotionally) at every stage and what it takes to move from one stage to the next!
- There’s a collection of physical, mental and emotional symptoms so common to betrayal, it’s known as Post Betrayal Syndrome (PBS). Over 6,000 people have taken our PBS quiz to see to what extent they’re struggling and the information we’re receiving gives us even more powerful information on exactly what people need to heal.
Those discoveries drove me to open The PBT (Post Betrayal Transformation) Institute to help clients move through their betrayals using what we’ve learned in this specialized and unique way.
One of the most exciting features of these discoveries was that now we know healing isn’t just hopeful...it’s predictable. Whether you rebuild yourself and move on (that’s what I did with my family), or, if you want to and if the situation lends itself, you rebuild an ENTIRELY NEW relationship with the person who hurt you (that’s what I did with my husband.)
So excited by the discoveries and the transformations I was seeing in my clients and myself, I quickly started creating programs specific to healing from betrayal because I couldn’t keep up with the number of clients who wanted me to work with them on a one-on-one basis. I created shorter programs for those who wanted a deep dive approach and longer programs for those who wanted a slower and more gentle approach. The programs were working, yet every day I’d get requests for private coaching I didn’t have the time or bandwidth to fulfill those requests. My only option was to suggest the different programs I was offering and while programs are great, those clients couldn’t get the personalized and specific coaching that healing from betrayal needs and deserves. I started certifying PBT Coaches and Practitioners.
Then I noticed something interesting.
Regardless of the programs I was offering or the clients I saw, knowing that I was representing this work forced me to keep using the tools and processes so I could authentically represent what I was teaching. I didn’t want to ever feel that “impostor syndrome”, like I was speaking one thing and doing another, and although I was still working through my own betrayal, the easiest way to feel confident to teach these healing processes was by continuing to practice what I preached. It reminded me of the days when I used to be a Personal Trainer and Nutritionist. While I may have wanted to overeat or be a couch potato, knowing I had to look and represent the role of a health expert was all the incentive I needed to maintain the healthy practices I was teaching to others.
It’s the same thing here.
Knowing others were counting on me to help them with their betrayal forced me to use the same tools and strategies I was suggesting...it worked. I couldn’t afford to slip back into that painful place because if I did, I couldn’t be the role model for what I was teaching. Of course I had moments where certain “triggers” still affected me but for the most part, diving back into the work always brought me out of it before too long. Our coaches and practitioners noticed the same thing. It was like they had an additional advantage that prevented them from slipping too far because of the work they were doing with others.
It worked for me, for our current coaches/practitioners, and it will work for you too. In fact, some of our Certified PBT Coaches and Practitioners go through certification for that specific reason.
When I was working through my own betrayals, I would have loved to have support too. So often we’re filled with so much shame, fear of judgment, or we’re protecting the betrayer (at our own expense) and we don’t have people around us who “get it.” If we do reach out for support, it can do more harm than good if the person we’re speaking to either doesn’t fully understand the damage betrayal can cause. I saw quickly that support, community and a specific plan was needed that could really give people what they needed to move past this pain.
I realized that nothing like this existed-everything needed to heal from betrayal all in one place. The study showed exactly what moves people forward and what keeps them stuck so everything we teach is what works so we don’t waste any time (because who wants to stay in that painful place a minute longer than we need to?) Also, betrayal doesn’t just affect us emotionally, it affects us mentally, physically, psychologically and spiritually too. So while it’s helpful to see a specialist in any one of those areas, what about the other areas that are impacted and need attention?
I couldn’t find any program that encompassed healing all of the areas hard hit by betrayal-the body, mind and spirit...so I created it by curating the content, tools and type of support that would help others heal through this especially painful type of crisis.
Certified Success Principles Canfield Methodology Trainer, a HeartMathTM Certified Trainer, PBT Coach
Here’s the step-by-step certification process and curriculum:
THE PBT INSTITUTE
Coach and Practitioner Certification
Here is what's inside:
We’ll walk you through the 5 stages from betrayal to breakthrough from the client and practitioner perspective so you understand the model. Your certification (coach or practitioner) involves a combination of course modules, experiential activities and assessments, a quiz, case study conversation with Dr. Debi, and can be completed within a few months or longer if necessary.
- 1You'll be featured in our referral and resource directory so members see you/your specialties and have the ability to work deeper with you
- 2Are you also a coach or healer who has a unique tool or strategy to share? A therapist with a specific specialty that beautifully compliments what someone needs as they’re struggling to heal from betrayal? Our certification puts you directly in front of our members to host classes around your specific topic of expertise so all of our members (Standard and Upgraded) get to know you.
- 3The opportunity to fill your coaching/therapy schedule with new clients, eager for your support! (We’re paying YOU to work with our Upgraded members).
- 4The opportunity to celebrate and promote your certification by doing an interview with me on my well-known podcast From Betrayal to Breakthrough!
- 5A private call with Dr. Debi every quarter to discuss masterclass topic ideas you can teach to our Upgraded members, and to answer any client and/or personal questions you may have
- 6A private community to get ideas, collaborate and find additional support from others who are Coaches/Practitioners too.
- 7Monthly Q&A calls with Dr. Debi to learn about best practices, stay current with new research, strategies and more (all calls are recorded in case you miss one).
- 8Experiential activities, assessments, tools and resources to use on yourself, with your existing clients and with our members.
You've waited long enough.
Join us and let’s get you feeling great again. Then, take that inspiration and help others do the same. I know what’s waiting for you when you heal. When you experience it for yourself it’s so natural to want to share that with others...which you’ll have the opportunity to do as a Certified PBT Coach or Practitioner!
BECOME A Certified PBT
Coach or Practitioner!
Registered nurse, Coach U graduate, Certified PBT Coach
PBT CERTIFICATION VS. OTHERS
What we offer
There’s nothing like this. Before my study, Post Betrayal Syndrome® (PBS®), Post Betrayal Transformation® (PBT®) and the 5 Stages from Betrayal to Breakthrough™ hadn’t been identified. So, using all we’ve learned to predictably and effectively bring clients from PBS to PBT is new ground. It’s a new opportunity to clean up any of your unhealed betrayals that may have been impacting your work, health and relationships. Then, with renewed inspiration and excitement, use that to help others do the same.
While there may be other certifications that offer unique methodologies, becoming a certified PBT Coach or Practitioner is so different.
It’s the best opportunity I know of that:
- Teaches you what’s needed to heal (physically, mentally and emotionally) from betrayal.
- Gives you the opportunity to be eligible to work directly with clients AND get paid by us depending on how many members your see (every Upgraded member gets 1 session per month included in their membership AND they can book more sessions if they choose).
- Enables you to host weekly classes so clients can get to know, like and trust you while showcasing your unique expertise to our community.
- Encourages you to use our methodology ALONG WITH yours so you’re bringing even more tools and resources into the community. You don’t have to ONLY teach our methodology, you’re giving members the best possible experience because they’re getting exactly what they need.
- Offers EXCLUSIVITY PER CATEGORY. That means that on a first come, first serve basis, you would be the exclusive Certified Coach/Practitioner teaching a particular specialty. For example, let’s say you specialize in family betrayal, or working with men, or working with couples, or you have a specific modality you’ve been teaching such as EMDR or tapping (EFT). Once certified, members in our community will find that if that’s the specialty they’re interested in, you’re the ONLY certified PBT Coach or Practitioner that offers it in the community. Pretty cool, huh?!
- Promotes you through our referral and resource directory.
- Encourages clients to go deeper with you if you have the time to take on additional private clients. Through our portal, Upgraded members have the opportunity to schedule as many additional sessions as they want. You let us know your fee, we take it from there-hassle free
- Includes you as an important resource in a niche that’s specific yet gigantic!
Addiction/Recovery Coach, Pain Management, Certified PBT Coach
Ask anyone you know and chances are, they’ve been betrayed by a family member, partner, coworker, boss, coach, they’re struggling with self-betrayal or maybe they feel betrayed by their community or more. So often we’re told to “get over it,” or “shrug it off” and if you notice, while well intentioned, that’s not how we heal. Getting “support” from people who don’t understand wastes time, money and drives us even further into a stuck, painful and negative place. Betrayal is so painful and it needs the right protocol from people who understand exactly how betrayal impacts the body, mind and heart.
That’s why we have the PBT
Coach and Practitioner Certification program.
Here’s what you can expect from the moment you sign up:
- Onboarding/welcome video from Dr. Debi to walk you through the certification process
- Your login credentials to access the course materials and training process each step of your certification.
- Information on how to access group calls with Dr. Debi and how to schedule one-on-one calls and classes for Upgraded members
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
You and I both know that if nothing changes... nothing changes. It’s only when we do something different that we put ourselves in a position to have something different.
Imagine waiting another 6 months or years to start working on your transformation … does that sound like your next best move?
What would you need to do, what practitioners would you need to learn from, what communities would you need to belong to, and what marketing dollars would you need to spend to put yourself in front of your ideal audience?
How much would you spend on a program or certification that taught you a process or skill...then left you to find the people to use it with?
What program gives you the ability to do “on the job training” with your perfect clients who will naturally want to work more deeply with you?
What certification gives you the ability to hold the exclusivity for your particular specialty so members can only work with you if that’s what they’re looking for??
You’re here for a reason.
Now is the time to start making an impact, and helping others move forward from an experience they thought they’d never recover from.
I’m so excited for you. There’s nothing more rewarding than helping others-especially if it’s from something you’ve experienced or it was experienced by someone you love. Why? In addition to the tools and strategies you’ll learn, you have the experience of someone who’s “been there and back” so others can relate and feel connected to you. You become a role model and someone they can look up to now that you’ve traveled the road they’ve now found themselves on.
We can’t wait for you to become the newest coach/practitioner within our community; with the unique experiences and skills that only you have and our members need.
Certified Health, Life and PBT Coach
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does certification take?
It typically takes a few months but that’s up to you. You have up to one year to complete your certification and if we see you’ve been quiet for a while, we’ll give you a gentle nudge to get you back on track.
What if I need to stop for some reason (illness/move, etc.)
We understand that “life happens.” While you’re working towards your certification, you have up to one year to complete. Just let us know so we can support you during your challenging time.
What if I lose access to my login information?
Email ClientCare@PBTInstitute.com and we’ll get you set up again.
What’s the difference between a PBT Coach and PBT Practitioner?
Great question! A Certified PBT Coach has a coaching background or is a wellness/health/mindset/personal development healer of some kind. A Certified PBT Practitioner is a Therapist, Psychologist, Psychiatrist or Doctor. The training is the same for both, and opportunities are the same as well. The difference is in the fees after certification is complete and you’re working with Upgraded members 1-1.
Once my training hours are complete, how many hours can I work each week?
We’re still working on this one behind the scenes but we want you to be as busy as possible! Please check back on this response as we update it shortly.
What if clients want to work with me privately?
Great! That means you’re an amazing PBT Coach or PBT Practitioner and we figured that would happen. Your private sessions with members are scheduled through our scheduling system for tracking. For private coaching that’s not already included in Upgraded memberships, your agreed upon fee with the client runs through our system and you receive 60% of that payment (the rest is to pay our tech, platform and processing fees). If we find that you’re bypassing our system and scheduling these sessions on your own, we will immediately remove you from our referral directory where our members would find you as well as revoke your ability to schedule group classes and book appointments within the membership.
Should non member clients find you and work with you directly, that’s wonderful! Your certification offers additional tools to help them. We believe in integrity and one of the biggest things that need rebuilding after betrayal is trust. So, here’s where we’re putting our trust in you and your integrity. One more thing: If trust and integrity aren’t a priority to you, it’s best to stop right here. No judgment and no hard feelings, we’re just not a fit for the culture and community we’re building here
What’s the referral/resource directory and when is my name added?
The referral and resource directory is where our members learn more about you so they know if your specialty and style is a fit for them. They may choose to work with a different coach or practitioner each session they schedule or meet you first and only want to work with you. Either way, we’re showcasing you so our members get to know, like a trust you.
How much is it and is there a payment plan?
$2,497 and we have a 2-pay option if necessary.
How often can I teach a masterclass?
As of now, Certified PBT Coaches and Practitioners can teach up to 2 classes per week.
How often can I schedule sessions with Upgraded members?
Upgraded members receive “credits” to use to see a Certified Coach or Practitioner. So, you can be scheduled for as many sessions as possible, based on the different members that choose to see you.
Is there a quiz/test/case study?
Yes. There’s a quiz and a case study conversation with Dr. Debi so you can discuss the clients most likely to come your way. There’s also the group calls for questions that come up. Most importantly, we’re here to support you. We want you to succeed, we want our members to love you and we want to ensure that you infuse your unique skills and talents into your coaching.